Tofu is underestimated for it’s lack of taste, the easiest way to give it some flavour is to put it into something boiling hot like soup and hotpot or soaked in a lot of sauce. The latter is what I thought about when I made this recipe. Using Silken Firm Tofu for this recipe, I made a quick dish to eat for those lazy days that you just want to throw together with some rice and/or vegetables.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 1⁄2 Onion1 Pack of Mori-no-Tofu
- 5 Garlic
- 2 White Sesame Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Gochujang
- 1⁄2 Ginger or 1 tablespoon of Ginger
- Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of White pepper
- Boil the rice in a separate pot or rice cooker first. This should take 15-20 minutes and should be finished by the time the tofu and other ingredients are done.
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger in a frying pan with some sesame oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu, seasoning and gochujang sauce then mix in together for about 3 minutes.
- Next, add the white sesame seeds and serve with rice.