I finally made ramen!! After missing the taste of delicious ones back in my second home in Tokyo and around London, I decided to take matters in my own. After experimenting and cooking up many tastes, in the end I made one that I can recommend to everyone to try. I wanted to perfect my tantanmen more but a chilli chicken ramen is more appealing to a wider range of people. Even without the chicken, you can enjoy with the range of vegetables and extras I have added.
Ramen is not one of my favourite Japanese dishes, but it is one that I had on the go living in Tokyo due to it being quickly made and filling. It’s perfect to eat all year around and I hope my ramen is something great to spice up your life more! So, enjoy!
- Miso Tasty Ramen Noodle Kit (includes 2x non-fried noodle nests, x2 white miso pastes, x2 seaweed garnishes. x2 sesame oils and x2 sesame seed sachets)
- 3 Spring Onions
- 3 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 3 tablespoons of Chinese 5 spice seasoning
- 2 Garlic
- 2 Birds eye chillies
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons of mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon of Menma (Bamboo Shoots)
- 1 tablespoon of White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of White pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Thyme
- 1 teaspoon of Shichimi
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Nori seaweed
- 1 tonkotsu soup sachet of Daisho Hakata Ramen
- 1 Ginger
- ½ White Onion
- Chop up the ginger, white onion, garlics, spring onions and chillies and leave to a side.
- Add sesame oil from the Noodle Kit pack and fry the chicken into a big pot for the next 10 minutes until partially golden and brown.
- Once cooked, add more sesame oil with the ginger, onions, garlics, spring onions and chillies into the pot for 5 minutes.
- After this time, add water to a ¼ way up into the pot (or a little more if you want broth) with the seaweed garnishes, miso pastes and sesame seeds from the Miso Ramen Noodle Kit pack.
- Add the tonkotsu soup sachet, noodles and seasoning and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Serve with the extra sesame seeds and add the menma and nori seaweed to be placed on top of the ramen.