I had been thinking of another tofu recipe to bring to Nyam with Ny for ages and was inspired by the amazing Felix of The BigBelly Report to create this. It’s delicious, easy and can be cooked for vegetarians and vegans for lunch and dinner. Enjoy!
- ½ Onion
- 1 Tofu
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of White pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Parsley
- 1 tablespoon of Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Ground Ginger (or 1 Ginger)
- 2 Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of White Sesame Seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Gochujang
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese Five Spice
- 3 tablespoons of Mirin
- 5 tablespoons of Teriyaki Sauce
- Egg noodles
- Stir Fry Vegetables (sliced carrots, beansprouts, cabbage and mixed sweet peppers)
- Start by cutting the onion, garlic (and ginger if it’s not ground ginger) and put into a frying pan for 2 minutes.
- Slice the carrots, sweet peppers and cabbage into a bowl.
- Add into the bowl all the seasoning (salt, black and white pepper, thyme, Chinese five spice, ground ginger (if not used in step 1), parsley, chilli flakes and sesame seeds.)
- Then add in mirin, teriyaki sauce and soy sauce together with the stir fry and seasoning.
- Mix together and put into a frying pan for another 2 minutes.
- Add tofu to cook and stir for 3 minutes then add the noodles and the stir fry vegetables.
- Serve on a plate and add the sesame seeds on top of the finished dish, then enjoy!