Fish Balls are one of my favourite seafood ingredients to add to hotpot and goes well with any dish that has a spicy broth. This recipe was created sometime earlier this year on one of the coldest days when I wanted to experiment making a recipe that combines fish balls, noodles and chilli peppers. Doenjang (된장) was added in randomly but mixed pretty well with the scotch bonnet chilli peppers and other ingredients.
- ½ onion
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 ginger or 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 2 scotch bonnet chillies
- 3 scoops of Doenjang
- 4-6 shrimps (optional)
- 5-7 fishballs
- Fry the onion, scotch bonnets, garlic and spring onion in a pan until cooked.
- Cut the onion, leek, scotch bonnet chillies, garlic and spring onion into small pieces. Leave the leek to the side.
- Add water to double the amount of the current ingredients along with the leek. The leek should be soft before doing the next step.
- Put in the Doenjang sauce along with the seasoning (except the parsley) until the sauce is thick then stir everything together.
- Add the noodles, fishballs and shrimp (if you want) to add into the stew and let cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on top, serve in a bowl and enjoy!